Saturday, November 29, 2014

Knitting Pattern: Boot Cuffs with Simple Lace Pattern


I have become obsessed with making boot cuffs lately. I made a pair for myself and loved them, and then made some more and sold out of them at my last craft fair. I was making a simple pattern boot cuff with just stockinette and ribbed stitching, but recently I have been switching it up a little and starting to create my own variations. Here is a pattern for one of the variations I made, it uses a simple lace pattern to add some elegance. Enjoy and please message me if you see mistakes or need clarification! Happy knitting!

Materials:
Size 6 US circular needles or DPNs
DK weight yarn. I used Paton's Classic DK Superwash Wool (100% wool), the color is Aran (2 balls)
Needle for weaving in ends
Stitch Marker

Gauge:
9 1/2 sts = 2"in stockinette

Instructions:
CO 52 sts. Place marker and join, careful not to twist sts.

Work in K2 P2 ribbing for 14 rows

Pattern rows:
Row 1: *K 11, K 2tog, YO, repeat from * to end of row
Row 2: K all stitches
Row 3: *K11, YO, Slip 1 as if to K, K1, PSSO the K st, repeat from * to end of row
Row 4: K all stitches

Repeat rows 1 to 4 four more times (20 rows total in pattern).

Work in K2 P2 ribbing for 10 more rows.

Bind off in K.
Weave in ends.

Finished Measurements:
Circumference: approximately 11" unstretched
Length: approximately 7"









No comments:

Post a Comment